2024 Harvey Norman All Stars Māori vs Indigenous in Townsville, QLD
The Harvey Norman All Stars heads to New Zealand for the first time with Townsville, QLD set to host the Māori and Indigenous All Stars sides on February 16.
The 2024 NRL Harvey Norman All Stars is proudly supported by the New Zealand Government, via Rotorua Lakes Council, along with major partners Harvey Norman.
The NRL have announced the teams for the upcoming All Stars clash, set to be played in New Zealand for the first time in history.
The Maori All Stars will take on the indigenous All Stars at Rotorua International Stadium on Saturday 11 February — and both squads are stacked with representative talent.
2024 Harvey Norman All Stars
Rotorua International Stadium, Saturday February 11
- 2:00pm NZDT (12:00pm AEDT) — Gates Open at Rotorua International Stadium
- 2:05pm (12:05pm AEDT) — Mixed Touch Football, Indigenous vs. Māori All Stars
- 3:30pm NZDT (1:30pm AEDT) — Women’s Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars
- 5:40pm NZDT (3:40pm AEDT) — Men’s Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars
Last year’s men’s All Stars game saw the Māori All Stars record a hard-fought 16-10 victory while the Indigenous All Stars enjoyed an 18-8 win in the women’s match at CommBank Stadium.
Maori players named for the match on February 11 include Joseph Manu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, and James Fisher-Harris.
John Devonshire, the chair of Maori Rugby League, says a great event will give the NRL an incentive to schedule more fixtures on this side of the Tasman.
From the pre-game hakas and cultural dances to the exhilarating on-field action, All Stars night is the perfect way to kick off the 2023 rugby league season.
NZ Māori vs Indigenous All Stars: Game Day Events
- Indigenous Team War Cry
- Maori Team Haka
- Post-match presentations for both Women’s and Men’s games
- Half Time race – Harvey Norman will select eight lucky people from the crowd to race on the field for their chance to win a $500 Harvey Norman gift card.
- Post-match Giveaway – At the end of both the women’s & men’s matches the teams will give some rugby league balls into the crowd all thanks to Harvey Norman.
All Blacks Māori vs Indigenous: Teams
Teams for the 2023 Harvey Norman All Stars were announced in January with NRL superstars Joey Manu, Josh Addo-Carr and Dally M medal winner Nicho Hynes headlining the men’s event.
World Cup winners Kennedy Cherrington and Shannon Mato will lead the Māori women’s side as they look to make amends following defeat to the Indigenous All Stars last year.
Māori vs Indigenous Rugby Game Broadcast information
- Women’s All Stars on Nine, Kayo, Sky Sports (NZ) and Fox Sports, 3:30pm NZDT (1:30pm AEDT)
- Men’s All Stars on Nine Network, Kayo, Sky Sports (NZ) and Fox Sports, 5:45pm NZDT (3:45pm AEDT)